You’ve found a great new home to buy at a much better price than you were even expecting. You want to make the best offer to purchase as quickly as possible to move in. But selling your current home is holding you back from taking action. How to sell your house right away?
For many reasons, you just can’t wait months for a realtor to sell your Utah house for you—and frankly, you don’t need that extra 6 percent commission fee cutting into your sale. Maybe your home’s a tidy little paradise. Maybe it’s truly a fixer-upper. But you know you are under a time crunch to sell your home. So how would you increase your chances of selling your house in Utah in 5-7 days?
Learn how to sell your house without an agent or realtor. Here are 6 home selling tips to help you increase the odds dramatically of selling your house in a much faster time frame:
How to Sell Your House Without a Realtor or Agent
1) Be Realistic In Naming A Price
This is where scouring sites for recent home sale data in your neighborhood is invaluable. Your prospective buyers are likely using these very same tools (I personally like to recommend the House Price Calculator offered by the Federal Housing Finance Agency.) Even if market value of your home has depreciated, time is of the essence. Price your home at around 2 to 5% percent below the most recent sale in your neighborhood. Use hard data to calculate values; you’ll be glad you did.
2) Prepare A List Of Any Improvements And Upgrades Performed
This isn’t just a good sales technique; it’s common courtesy. Include dates and estimated costs when possible (especially any appraisals performed prior.) The more recent your improvements, the greater at ease any prospective buyer will be.
3) Don’t Put Off Those Home Repairs
It may surprise you, but “as is” isn’t actually a selling point to the standard home buyer. To us here at GaryBuysHouses though, buying homes in foreclosure or “as is” presents a very easy problem to solve for us. Obviously, time is a critical factor; and you may need to sell faster than total renovations might allow you to. But that’s no reason to avoid fixing that storm window or giving the garage a fresh coat of paint. Even minor cosmetic repairs can completely transform your home—and subsequently, transform mere passing interest into a sale.
4) Create An Exclusive Bargain Through “One Weekend Only” Open Houses
People are conditioned to take advantage of a bargain; even when there isn’t much of one to be found. Whether you choose to flyer your neighborhood, post your home on Craigslist or use a property specific listing site like Zillow, make sure you emphasize how time sensitive your offer is. Even if your asking price is above local averages, you want to ensure potential buyers that they can’t afford to miss out on your bargain.
5) Stage The House To Sell
All too often, homeowners assume that property values and location are the only selling points of a house. The fact is, more often than not your home’s interior can be just as much of a decisive factor. Just because you’re selling your property doesn’t mean it needs to be any less presentable than it would when inviting friends and family over for a holiday meal. Take the time to de-clutter. Arrange the furniture just right. Emphasize space, not personal knick knacks; buyers are more interested in what they can do with your home, and not what you’ve accrued. You can also consider hiring a staging company to do the work for you.
6) Yes, You’ve Missed A Spot
Not only should the condition of your home be spotless, but you want to emphasize as much natural light as possible. Take down drapes and heavy wall hangings. Bring in some plants from your garden for a more “at home” feel. Every single inch of your home—from floor to ceiling to mantel to windows—should be spotless. Hide garbage cans and other unsightly receptacles. Make your home even neater than it was when you first moved in.
7) Consider FSBO and Auction Selling – Mini Checklist
Selling a house on FSBO websites can also be a cost-effective and efficient way to reach potential buyers. However, simply listing your property is not enough. You need to write an effective ad that grabs the attention of potential buyers and showcases the best features of your home. Here are some tips on how to write an ad that sells:
How to write an ad to sell your house FSBO
- Start with a strong headline: Your headline is the first thing potential buyers will see, so make it compelling. Highlight the best feature of your home, such as the location or a unique aspect of the property.
- Use descriptive language: Use descriptive language to paint a picture of your home in the buyer’s mind. Highlight the best features, such as a spacious kitchen or a beautiful backyard, and use sensory language to describe them.
- Be specific: Provide specific details about your home, such as the number of bedrooms and bathrooms, the size of the lot, and any recent upgrades or renovations. This will help potential buyers determine if your home is a good fit for their needs.
- Include high-quality photos: Good photos are essential to selling your home online. Use high-quality photos that showcase your home’s best features and make sure they are well-lit and in focus.
- Price it competitively: Pricing your home correctly is key to generating interest. Do your research and price your home competitively based on similar properties in your area.
In addition to writing a strong ad, you may also want to consider holding an auction to sell your home without a realtor. Here are some tips on how to do it:
Selling Your House Without a Realtor via Auction Strategy
- Set a reserve price: Set a reserve price that you are willing to accept for your home. This will ensure that you do not sell your home for less than you are willing to accept.
- Advertise the auction: Advertise the auction on FSBO websites, social media, and local classifieds to generate interest.
- Hold an open house: Hold an open house prior to the auction to allow potential buyers to view the property.
- Set a date and time for the auction: Set a specific date and time for the auction and make sure potential buyers are aware of it.
- Have a plan in place: Have a plan in place for what will happen if the reserve price is not met, such as relisting the property or negotiating with potential buyers.
By following these tips, you can write an effective ad and potentially hold an auction to sell your home without the need for a realtor. Remember to do your research and be prepared for any challenges that may arise along the way.
Legal Paperwork Needed Checklist
Selling a home FSBO can be a great way to save money on realtor fees, but it also means that you will be responsible for handling all of the paperwork involved in the sale. Here is a checklist of legal and non-legal paperwork that a home owner would need to sell their house FSBO, including writing their own ads and selling via an auction selling strategy:
- Property Deed: This is the legal document that proves you own the property.
- Title Report: This document shows any liens or encumbrances on the property and helps ensure there are no issues with the title.
- Disclosure Forms: These are legal documents that disclose any known defects or issues with the property.
- Purchase Agreement: This is the legal contract between the buyer and seller that outlines the terms of the sale.
- Bill of Sale: This document transfers ownership of personal property, such as appliances or furniture, from the seller to the buyer.
- Homeowner’s Association (HOA) Documents: If your property is part of an HOA, you will need to provide any relevant documents, such as bylaws and covenants.
- Inspection Reports: If you have had a home inspection, provide the report to potential buyers.
- Property Tax Records: Provide documentation of your property tax payments.
- Closing Statement: This document outlines all of the fees and expenses associated with the sale.
- Advertising and Marketing Materials: This includes your ads and auction materials, including any photos or videos of the property.
- Auction Terms and Conditions: If you are selling via an auction, provide clear terms and conditions for potential buyers.
In addition to these legal documents, you will also need to have a plan in place for handling any negotiations and communications with potential buyers. This includes responding to inquiries, scheduling showings, and negotiating the final terms of the sale. By being organized and prepared, you can successfully sell your home FSBO and save money on realtor fees.
If the home selling tips above are too much of a hassle for you, we can give you an all cash offer for your house in Utah. And if you accept we can guarantee your home sale in 5 days or less in most circumstances for those who need to sell fast. The reality is selling a Utah house is as dependent on the market as it is your neighborhood. And neither or necessarily assured. But with these six simple tips, you’ve raised your chances; all with little hassle and no realtor. If you want to know how to sell your house today, we can help you.
2 responses to “How To Sell Your House In 5 to 7 Days Without A Realtor”
Well said, being an expert completely agree with what you have stated here…